當前位置:才華齋>英語>英語口譯>

2017初級口譯訓練材料:宴請客人

英語口譯 閱讀(9K)

下面是小編整理的一段關於宴請客人的對話,可以作為口譯練習材料,希望大家喜歡!

2017初級口譯訓練材料:宴請客人
  Entertaining guests at dinner

Host: 晚餐準備好了。我們到宴會廳去,好吧?//請這邊走。

Guest: 格林先生,請坐在這裡。

G:Thank you, Mr. Chen. What a feast you’re giving us!

H: 格林夫人,請坐在這兒,坐在我夫人的旁邊。

(Everyone takes his or her seat.)

H: 啊,這種無色透明的酒,就是我們的茅臺酒,是以出酒的地方命名的。 G:That’s the way most famous liquors and wines are named, I should say.

H: 茅臺是貴州省一個偏僻的小地方,要不是他出的這種酒,很少會有人聽說過這個地方呢!不過,現在茅臺是舉世聞名了。

G: Yes. It wasn’t until quite recently that I actually tried it out.

H: 你覺得味道怎麼樣?

G: Oh, I like it very much. It’s an excellent liquor, extra smooth and mellow for such a strong drink. // But it’s hard to get at our wine shops. // Their small stock is quickly sold out and they have to wait a long time for new supplies.

H: 我聽說已經採取措施增加這種酒的產量。// 不過,我看還得經過相當長的時間才能趕上日益增長的需求。

G: Yes. It takes time to increase the production of liquors and wines, especially the good brands,

H: 你嘗過這種米酒嗎?叫紹興酒。// 顧名思義,是用米釀造的'。// 在中國,特別是產大米的地區,這種就非常受歡迎。

G: I’d like very much to try it.

H: 怎麼樣,先喝點茅臺,然後上魚的時候在喝點米酒? (go well with sth.)

G: Just as you say sir.

H: 如果在座的夫人們覺得茅臺酒太厲害、又不喜歡喝紹興酒,這裡還有紅白葡萄酒。

(find something not to one’s liking)

H: (Proposing a toast) 歡迎大家來中國。女士們,先生們,祝你們身體健康! G: To China and her people, and to the health of our Chinese hosts.

H: “乾杯!”------在漢語裡,這就是cheers! 或者 Bottom up!的意思。 G:Gan bei!

H: 請吃點冷盤,格林先生。能用筷子嗎?// 如果大家覺得刀叉更方便,就請用刀叉。

G:I think my wife and I can manage very well with chopsticks. // There are quite a few restaurants in London, you know. // We enjoy having some Chinese food once a while. // We’re quite proud that we know how to use chopsticks while the other colleagues of mine have to eat with knives and forks!

H: 我希望今晚的菜比你們在倫敦吃的中國菜更典型些。

G: I have no doubt of that. // I’ve heard people say that the food in London’s Chinese restaurants is more or less westernized. // But I can hardly tell the difference.

H: 你們在倫敦吃的多半是廣東菜;中國的地方很大,每個省和大城市都有自己的特殊風味。 // 北京的烤鴨很出名,廣州“全燒小豬”出名,四川的“香酥雞”出名……。

G: You haven’t mentioned “sharks fin”. Isn’t it one of the most famous Chinese dishes?

H: 我剛要說這道菜。// 魚翅是中國名菜之一。// 魚翅可以有多種烹飪的方法,每個地方做魚翅都有它特殊的風味。

G: I have heard so much about this dish that I am anxious to taste it!

H: 好,魚翅上來了,這是“雞湯魚翅”。(Shark’s fin in chicken soup)

G: How appetizing it looks!

H: 請讓我把你們的酒斟滿。(Please let me fill your cups)// 好,女士們,先生們, 為你們的健康,乾杯!……請隨便吃。// 我們的筷子的優點之一,是可以隨意夾喜歡吃的菜。用刀叉就沒有那麼方便。// 我聽說西方國家的朋友們在國內不贊成在餐桌上把手伸得老長去取菜。// 但是,在中國的菜桌上,這沒有什麼。// 朋友們別客氣,隨便請!