當前位置:才華齋>英語>英語聽力>

英語聽力練習文摘《一切皆有可能》

英語聽力 閱讀(1.51W)

英語聽力的練習要持之以恆,堅持每天的練習。下面,小編為大家送上一篇今日的英語聽力練習文摘,希望對大家有用。

英語聽力練習文摘《一切皆有可能》

In 2007, one in eight Americans was born abroad.

截至2007年 八分之一的美國人是在國外出生的

My mother's Cuban and my dad is Australian,

我母親是古巴人 我爸爸是澳大利亞

my mother is black, my father's white.

我母親是黑人 我父親是白人

But America is this melting pot.

但美國就是這樣一個大熔爐

You know, I'm a black latino with freckles.

我是個會長雀斑的拉丁美洲黑人

And that's kind of America.

這就是美國

We're this melting pot and we always have been.

我們就是這個大熔爐 我們一直都是

We've been the place that people are desperate to get to

人們不顧一切想要來到這裡

because they know once there,

因為他們知道 一旦來到了這裡

their story can be written.

他們就能書寫自己的傳奇

It can be anything.

一切皆有可能

Each society in the past created tremendous innovations in civilizations.

每一個社會在過去的文明發展中都進行了大量的創新

All of a sudden we have them all here.

忽然之間 這些創新我們一應俱全

It's not just one philosophy.

不是一種價值體系

It's many, many philosophies which makes for a very creative country.

而是很多很多種價值體系造就了這個充滿創造力的國家

In the past 20 years,

在過去的20年間

two-thirds of new immigrants have come from Latin America and Asia.

三分之二的新移民來自拉丁美洲和亞洲

I think this theory that you can be anything that you want in America

我覺得這種在美國一切皆有可能的理論

is not a theory. It's a truth.

不是一種理論 而是事實

It's a basic truth that plays itself out in every immigrant story.

這是一個在每個移民的經歷裡都體現得淋漓盡致的'基本事實

It's really what America has always been about.

美國的故事真的一直都是這樣

Coming from someplace else.

來自異國他鄉

Coming to a place where you can rise up with your own sweat,

來到一個可以靠你的汗水和努力

and your own hard work and achieve something better than what you might have had elsewhere.

出人頭地的地方 取得在其他地方不可能取得的成就

So for me the immigration experiment in America will never end because really that's what defines us as a nation.

所以對我來說 美國的移民嘗試永遠不會結束 因為這才是我們國家的獨特之處

I think Americans are a collection of incredible souls and beings

我覺得美國人就是一群神奇的人

who believe we are all in this together.

相信我們都是休慼相關的

This is a country where you can take chances.

這是一個充滿機遇的國家

You're allowed to try anything to achieve success

你能夠竭盡全力取得成功

and failure is always there.

但失敗總是難免的

and in order to try things and have failure there

為了嘗試新事物 學會面對失敗

you have to be brave.

你必須變得勇敢

There's a large can-do attitude in the United States.

美國有著一種人定勝天的精神

I think America's a land of opportunity again because,there were no set rules.

我認為美國是一片機會之地的另一個原因是這裡沒有陳規教條

We sort of invented it as we went along.

我們差不多是一邊前進一邊制定規則

It's this belief that wherever you are in every moment of history

有這樣一種信念 無論你身處何時

whatever your circumstances

身處何地

that radical progress is possible.

都有可能實現突破性的進展