當前位置:才華齋>英語>英語閱讀>

感恩節英語故事:關於感恩節的由來和歷史

英語閱讀 閱讀(2.3W)

感恩節是美國和加拿大共有的節日,由美國首創的,原意是為了感謝印第安人,後來人們常在這一天感謝他人。自1941年起,感恩節是在每年11月的第四個星期四在這一天起將休假兩天,都要和自己的家人團聚,不管多忙都是如此,如同中國的春節。那麼大家知道感恩節的由來及歷史嗎?下面就和yjbys網小編一起來了解下吧!

感恩節英語故事:關於感恩節的由來和歷史

 感恩節英語故事:關於感恩節的由來和歷史

Thanksgiving Day is the most truly American of the national Holidays in the United States and is most closely connected with the earliest history of the country.

感恩節是美國國定假日中最地道、最美國式的節日,而且它和早期美國曆史最為密切相關。

In 1620, the settlers, or Pilgrims, they sailed to America on the May flower, seeking a place where they could have freedom of worship. After a tempestuous two-month voyage they landed at in icy November, what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts.

1620年,一些朝聖者(或稱為清教徒)乘坐"五月花"號船去美國尋求宗教自由。他們在海上顛簸折騰了兩個月之後,終於在酷寒的十一月裡,在現在的馬薩諸塞州的普里茅斯登陸。

During their first winter, over half of the settlers died of starvation or epidemics. Those who survived began sowing in the first spring. All summer long they waited for the harvests with great anxiety, knowing that their lives and the future existence of the colony depended on the coming harvest. Finally the fields produced a yield rich beyond expectations. And therefore it was decided that a day of thanksgiving to the Lord be fixed. Years later, President of the United States proclaimed the fourth Thursday of November as Thanksgiving Day every year. The celebration of Thanksgiving Day has been observed on that date until today.

在第一個冬天,半數以上的移民都死於飢餓和傳染病,活下來的人們在第一個春季開始播種。整個夏天他們都熱切地盼望著豐收的到來,他們深知自己的生存以及殖民地的存在與否都將取決於即將到來的收成。後來,莊稼獲得了意外的豐收,所以大家決定要選一個日子來感謝上帝的恩典。多年以後,美國總統宣佈每年十一月的第四個星期四為感恩節。感恩節慶祝活動便定在這一天,直到如今。

The pattern of the Thanksgiving celebration has never changed through the years. The big family dinner is planned months ahead. On the dinner table, people will find apples, oranges, chestnuts, walnuts and grapes. There will be plum pudding, mince pie, other varieties of food and cranberry juice and squash. The best and most attractive among them are roast turkey and pumpkin pie. They have been the most traditional and favorite food on Thanksgiving Day throughout the years.

感恩節慶祝模式許多年來從未改變。豐盛的家宴早在幾個月之前就開始著手準備。人們在餐桌上可以吃到蘋果、桔子、栗子、胡桃和葡萄,還有葡萄乾布丁、碎肉餡餅、各種其它食物以及紅莓苔汁和鮮果汁,其中最妙和最吸引人的.大菜是烤火雞和番瓜餡餅,這些菜一直是感恩節中最富於傳統意義和最受人喜愛的食品。

Everyone agrees the dinner must be built around roast turkey stuffed with a bread dressing to absorb the tasty juices as it roasts. But as cooking varies with families and with the regions where one lives, it is not easy to get a consensus on the precise kind of stuffing for the royal bird.

人人都贊成感恩節大餐必需以烤火雞為主菜。火雞在烘烤時要以麵包作填料以吸收從中流出來的美味汁液,但烹飪技藝常因家庭和地區的不同而各異,應用什么填料也就很難求得一致。

Thanksgiving today is, in every sense, a national annual holiday on which Americans of all faiths and backgrounds join in to express their thanks for the year' s bounty and reverently ask for continued blessings.

今天的感恩節是一個不折不扣的國定假日。在這一天,具有各種信仰和各種背景的美國人,共同為他們一年來所受到的上蒼的恩典表示感謝,虔誠地祈求上帝繼續賜福。

下面我們一起來看看感恩節“謝謝”英文怎麼說吧!!

熱情洋溢的"謝謝":

I really appreciate it.

我很感謝。

You're one in a million.

你真是個大好人。

You're the greatest.

你最棒了。

稱讚對方功勞的"謝謝":

Thanks to you (we made it on time.)

都要多謝你(我們才能準時完成)。

I couldn't have done it without you.

若是沒有你,我不可能做到。

非常正式的"謝謝":

I'm truly grateful for your help.

我非常感激你的幫助。

Your help is greatly appreciated.

非常感激您的幫助。

I'd like to express my gratitude.

我要表達我誠摯的謝意。

此外,感恩節的時候人們也常常發簡訊表示感激之情,下面是一些常用的簡訊:

Warm wishes at Thanksgiving.

在感恩節,衷心地祝福你們。

From all of us to all of you at Thanksgiving.

我們全體祝你們感恩節快樂

Thanksgiving wishes for you and your family.

給你們全家感恩節的祝福。

I wish you could be here on Thanksgiving.

但願你能來過感恩節。

Thanksgiving just won't be the same without you.

沒有你,感恩節就不會一樣了。

It will be sad not to see you during the holiday when families get together.

家人團聚的節日裡,不能看到你,我會感到難過。

Our first Thanksgiving should be our best.

我們第一次共度的感恩節是我們最美好的時光。

I wouldn't want to spend Thanks-giving with anyone else.

我只願和你共度感恩節。

What a wonderful time to be together.

在一起的時光多麼快樂。

Thanksgiving is a time when I tell you that I love you.

感恩節就是我告訴你我愛你的時候。

Thanksgiving is a great time to tell you that we love you kids.

孩子們,感恩節這時刻,我們要說:我們都愛你們。

Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the year.

感恩節是一年中最好的節日。