當前位置:才華齋>範例>校園>

地道的英文口語對話

校園 閱讀(2.91W)

 地道口語:“自食苦果”英語怎麼說

地道的英文口語對話

Larry準備參加馬拉松比賽,李華在幫他進行賽前訓練。他們會用到兩個常用語:on the dot和get a taste of one's own medicine。

LH: Larry,加油,就剩500米了!衝刺衝刺!

Larry: (Out of breath) ...I do?

LH: 成績不錯,但還是沒進15分鐘。

Larry: (Still a bit out of breath) Let me see that , this isn't above 15 is 15 minutes on the dot!

LH: Dot? 點點?這個秒錶是新的,上面什麼都沒有啊!

Larry: No, no. The watch is fine. I'm talking about the time. says 15:00. Exactly fifteen een minutes on the dot。

LH: 哦,on the dot就是“正好”的意思。你是說,你剛才的成績是正好15分鐘。可是Larry,我的意思是,你還是沒有衝破15分這個關口。這樣你下個月參加比賽時,名次是不會理想的!

Larry: I know, I know... wait a minute. Next month? I thought I had way more time to prepare than that!

LH: 啊?你忘啦?距離比賽還有整整一個月,30 days on the dot!

Larry: Well, at least I'm making een minutes is my best time so far. I think I'm done running for today。

LH: 好吧,那今天就練到這兒吧。天兒也夠熱的,今天是35 degrees on the dot,35度呢!

Larry: Well, when you're running, it feels more like 40 degrees on the dot!

LH: 不過回家前,你還得做30個仰臥起坐。

Larry: You sure are a strict do you know so much about training?

LH: (得意地)我高中是田徑隊的,教練特嚴格,我都是跟他學的!嚴師出高徒嘛!

Larry: Oh really?? (pauses for a moment as if hatching a plan) You know, Li Hua, there's a couple's race as well on race day. I think you and I should be a team!

LH: 雙人跑?我也參加?那可不行,我整整10年沒跑步了!10 years on the dot!

Larry: Hey, you've been making me run all over this track for the past week; I think it's only fair that you got to taste of your own medicine。

LH: 什麼,taste of my own medicine? 我的藥的味道?

Larry: Actually, you've been working me so hard, but now it's time for you to go through the same ordeal that you had put me through. In other words, you're getting a taste of your own medicine。

LH: 我明白了,get a taste of my own medicine就是自食苦果。你是說,這幾天我逼你練得那麼辛苦,現在你也要讓我嚐嚐同樣的滋味。

Larry: Right! Let's start early here at 7 am on the dot. I can't wait to give you a taste of your own medicine!

  地道口語:用英語聊星座

1. What's your sign?

你是什麼星座的?

2. I don't think astrology is blind faith. It holds waterin many instances。

我認為占星術不是迷信,它很多時候還是站得住腳的。

3. I'm not superstitious. The horoscope sometimes turns out to be accurate。

不是我迷信,星座運勢有時還是很準的。

4. He's a typical Taurus。

他是個典型的金牛座。

5. A Scorpio girl and a Pisces guy have the potential to become good friends。

天蠍座的女孩與雙魚座的男孩很有可能成為好朋友。

6. A Sagittarius person is stereotyped as energetic, adventurous, and with a good sense of humor。

射手座給人的一般印象是活力四射,愛冒險而又不失幽默感。

a person born under the sign of Cancer, I am home-loving and wish for a peaceful family life。

我是巨蟹座的,天生戀家,希望穩穩當當過日子。

8. It's too narrow-minded to judge people by using astrology. It's all steoreotypes。

用星座理論來判斷人未免也太絕對化、片面化了吧。

9. Pisces is a Water element. It is extremely receptive, compassionate, and other-directed。

雙魚座是水相星座。雙魚非常善於接納、富有同情心、但缺乏自主性。

10. The fire element of Arise brings assertive "I" energy。

火相星座的特質使白羊座具有非常自信的'自我力量。

11. The Air element of Gemini brings communication, intellect and speed。

風向星座的特質讓雙子座具有溝通能力、智慧和速度。

12. Leo is Fire to the core! Fire brings a desire to create, innovate, and lead。

獅子座是徹底的火相星座。火引發了創造、革新和領導的慾望。

13. Ruled by shape-shifting Mercury, Virgo works hard to stability。

在千變萬化的水星的控制下,處女座需要努力才能獲得穩定。

14. Libra represents the Air element. It is a sign that is more extroverted and active。

天秤座是風相星座。其特性比較外向和主動。

15. Capricorn is the leader of the Earth signs. It is one of the hardest-working signs of the Zodiac。

魔羯座是土相星座的領頭人,是黃道12宮裡最努力工作的星座。

16. Aquarius has astonishing intellectual and communication skill。

水瓶座具有令人吃驚的智慧和溝通能力。

地道口語:用英語表達“上當了”

日常生活中每個人都不可避免要買很多東西,但有些人擅長買到價廉物美的滿意物品,而有些人就總是受騙上當。你是哪一類買主呢?

1. Mary was done brown!

瑪麗上當了!

2. He was dumped on。

他上當了。

3. You have been spoofed。

你上當了。

4. You've really been taken。

你真的上當了。

5. You have fallen into the trap。

你們上當了。

6. We were all fooled by him。

我們都上了他的當。

7. We got screwed when we bought this house。

我們買這所房子時上當了。

8. We were tricked into buying a poor car。

我們受騙上當買了一輛破汽車。

9. I've been diddled! Half of these tomatoes are bad!

我上當了! 這些番茄有一半是壞的。

10. You've been sold a pup again. That car you bought is a wreck。

你又上當了。你買的那輛汽車是個廢物。