當前位置:才華齋>英語>英語閱讀>

雙語美文欣賞:生活就像自助餐

英語閱讀 閱讀(1.42W)

引導語:生活就像自助餐,你可以去要你想要的任何東西。以下是本站小編分享給大家的雙語美文欣賞:生活就像自助餐,歡迎閱讀!

雙語美文欣賞:生活就像自助餐

a friend’s grandfather came to america from eastern europe.

一個朋友的祖父從東歐到美國來。

after settling down at ellis island.

在埃利斯島安頓下來後。

he went into a cafeteria in lower manhattan to get something to eat.

他去下曼哈頓的一家自助餐廳吃飯。

he sat down at an empty table and waited for someone to take his order.

他在一張空桌子邊坐下,等待侍者拿來選單。

of course nobody did.

沒有人來招呼他。

finally, a woman with a tray full of food sat down opposite him.

最後,一位女士拿著滿滿一托盤食物走過來坐在他對面。

and informed him how a cafeteria worked.

並告訴他自助餐廳怎樣進餐的。

"start out at that end," she said. "just go along the line and pick out what you want. at the other end they’ll tell you how much you have to pay."

她說:“著手去做吧,去要你想要的.東西,在餐廳的另外一端會有人告訴你該付多少錢。”

"i soon learned that's how everything works in america," the grandfather told a friend.

他對一個朋友說:“接著我很快了解到這就是美國人的工作方式”。

"life's a cafeteria here.

生活就像自助餐。

you can get anything you want.

你可以去要你想要的任何東西。

as long as you are willing to pay the price.

只要你能付得起他們的價格。

you can even get success.

你也可以想要成功。

but you'll never get it if you wait for someone to bring it to you.

但是如果你什麼都不做等著別人能把它送到你身邊的話是永遠都不可能得到的。

you have to get up and get it yourself."

你必須勤勞,必須自己去追求它。