當前位置:才華齋>英語>英語口語>

英語口語關於do的習語和表達技巧

英語口語 閱讀(1.71W)

英語考試就要開始咯,小夥伴們快快趕快複習起來吧,下面小編為大家搜尋整理了英語口語關於do的習語和表達技巧,希望能給大家帶來幫助!更多內容請及時關注我們應屆畢業生考試網!

英語口語關於do的習語和表達技巧

a double take

Definition: look twice at someone or something because you are surprised

定義:因驚訝而再看一眼

She did a double take when he walked into the room.

走進房間時,她驚訝地又看了他一眼。

Did you see that man do a double take as he looked at the price?

你有沒有看到,那個男人又驚訝地看了一眼價格?

a number on someone

Definition: trick someone, cheat someone, hurt someone very badly

定義:捉弄、欺騙某人,深深地傷害某人

I'm afraid she did a number on him when she broke up.

我擔心她提出分手對他傷害很深。

That guy did a number on John to the tune of $500!

那個傢伙騙了約翰500美元!

an about face

Definition: turn around, return to where someone came from

定義:轉身,轉向來的地方

I'd like you to do an about face and go clean your room!

我想你還是回去打掃下房間!

As soon as I got to work I realized I'd have to do an about face because I'd left my briefcase at home.

我一到上班的地方就想起來我得回去一趟,因為我把公文包忘在家了。

away with something

Definition: prohibit something, make something not available

定義:禁止某事,使其無效。

They tried to do away with coffee in some cultures to little success.

他們嘗試在一些地方禁止咖啡,效果卻不如人意。

Anytime they do away with something people want it even more.

任何時候,他們越是禁止,人們反而越是貪婪。

justice to something

Definition: do successfully and with honor, complete in a befitting manner

定義:成功完成,適當處理

I think that painting doesn't do justice to him.

我覺得那幅畫不適合他。

Alice really did justice to the presentation.

愛麗絲的陳述做得很棒。

one's duty

Definition: complete a responsibility, do something that is expected of you

定義:盡職盡責,完成別人對你的期望。

Remember to do your duty by honoring your parents.

記住,孝敬父母是你的'職責。

I'll do my duty but nothing more.

我只會做我職責範圍之內的事。

one's part

Definition: do something that is required of you, join in doing something that requires many people

定義:完成被要求做的事,加入需要多人完成的某事。

He feels that volunteering is doing his part.

他覺得志願活動是他的責任。

Do you part and get along and you'll have no problems here.

做好你的事,保持下去,就沒問題了。

or die

Definition: complete a task or utterly fail

定義:非做不可,背水一戰。

It's do or die time now. We're getting married!

現在非做不可了,我們結婚了!

Well John, it's do or die. Let's go!

好吧,約翰,背水一戰的時候到了,上吧!

someone good

Definition: be beneficial for someone

定義:對某人有好處

I think taking the week off will do you good.

我覺得休息一週對你有好處。

She told me a massage would do me good.

她告訴我做個按摩對我有好處。

something over

Definition: repeat an action often because of a poor start

定義:由於不好的開頭而重複某個動作

Let's do that over! I wasn't concentrated enough!

再做一次!我還不夠專注!

I'd love to do college over if I had the chance.

如果有機會,我真想再上一次大學。

someone proud

definition: do something so well that another person is proud of you

定義:因某事做得出色使得別人為你驕傲。

David did his father proud throughout his successful life.

大衛為他父親成功的一生而感到驕傲。

I think you'll do your family proud this year.

我認為你今年會給你們家族帶來榮耀的。

someone's heart good

Definition: be good for someone emotionally

定義:使某人高興

I think listening to some classical music would do your heart good.

我覺得聽一點古典音樂會使你感到愉悅。

something by hand

Definition: build something on one's own

定義:親自做某事

He built his house by hand.

他親自建造了自己的房子。

I created that desk by hand.

我親手做的這個桌子。

something in vain

Definition: do something with no reason or chance at success

定義:徒勞地做某事

Peter feels his doing the job in vain.

皮特覺得自己做的工作是徒勞無效的。

Never feel you're doing something in vain. There's always a reason.

不要覺得你在徒勞地做某件事。事情總是有其存在的理由的。

something on the fly

Definition: do something quickly without thinking

定義:快速而不加思考地做某事。

I did it on the fly, it's nothing special.

我不假思索地飛快去做了,它也沒什麼特別的。

Let's do it on the fly. It won't take long.

快點動手幹吧,不會耗費多久的。

something on the run

Definition: do something while on the way to somewhere else

定義:在去別地時做某事。

We did it on the run while on the way to Arizona.

我們是在去亞利桑那州的途中完成這個的。

You can do it on the run. Let's go!

我們可以在途中完成的,出發吧!

something on the sly

Definition: do something without having other people notice

定義:祕密地做某事。

She did it on the sly. Her husband never had a clue.

她偷偷地做這件事,她丈夫絕不會有線索。

He made lots of money by doing it on the sly.

他偷偷地掙了很多錢。

the honors

Definition: do something like cutting a cake, or giving a speech that is an honor

定義:做一些類似於切蛋糕,或做演講之類的被視為榮譽的事。

I'd like to let your father do the honors.

我想讓你的父親執行這份榮耀。

I'll do the honors and toast to happy and long life!

我會執行這份榮耀,為快樂長壽乾杯!

the trick

Definition: complete the task, function as a solution

定義:完成任務,找到解決方案。

I think this pen will do the trick.

我覺得這隻鋼筆很耐用。

You'll come up with something to do the trick.

你要想辦法來完成這件事。

you read me?

Definition: question asked usually in a stern manner to ask if someone understands

定義:通常是嚴厲地問某人是否理解自己的意思

We'll have no more talk! Do you read me?!

我們沒什麼好談的,懂我的意思嗎?

That's enough. Do you read me?

夠了。你懂我的意思嗎?