當前位置:才華齋>英語>商務英語>

2015年中級商務英語BEC口試技巧

商務英語 閱讀(1.8W)

Ⅰ.核心學習:不確定的答覆

2015年中級商務英語BEC口試技巧

Michael: You look pretty wound up. What's up?

邁克爾:你看起來很不開心,有什麼事嗎?Billy: It's nothing, just my boss keeps asking about the annual stock report.

比利:沒什麼,只是我的老闆總是問我年度股票報告的事。

Michael: What does she want to know?

邁克爾:她想知道什麼?

Billy: She wants to know if I know when it will be done. But I am unsure.

比利:她問我知不知道報告什麼時候做好,可我還不能確定。

Michael: You should tell her you are unsure.

邁克爾:你應該告訴她你不能確定。

Billy: I try, but I can't express myself correctly.

比利:我盡力了,可我不能正確地表達。

Michael: Fine, I will teach you some useful business English that will help you.

邁克爾:好吧,我會教你一些有用的商務英語,這會對你有幫助。

Ⅱ.單詞簡析

1) Annual :once a year

每年一次

ex:It is time for our annual office party.

我們辦公室開年度派隊的時候到了。

2) Excuse : reason, delay

藉口,託辭

ex:Jack is full of excuses about why he doesn't work hard.

傑克為自己不努力工作找了一堆藉口。

3) Raise : increase in salary

加薪

ex:Time will tell if I get the raise or not.

我能不能加薪,到時自會有分曉。

4) Stock :piece of the company, ticket

股票

ex:My friend Tom made a fortune by trading stocks.

我的朋友湯姆靠股票交易發了一筆財。

5) Trading : buying and selling, one for another

交易

ex:Let's do some tape trading. I'll give you a Beatles tape for your Will Smith tape.

咱們來做個交易,我用披頭士樂隊的磁帶來換你的威爾·史密斯的磁帶。

Ⅲ.課文篇

Often the big boss wants to know why you have not finished a report or project. This lesson explains a few common excuses you can use to satisfy your boss when you are unsure about an outcome. If the boss asks a question like, "Will you be done by this afternoon?" you should give him/her a clear synonymfor being UNSURE.

通常大老闆想知道你為什麼沒完成一份報告或一個專案。本課解釋了一些常用的藉口,在你對事情的結果不能確定時可以用來應付你的老闆。 如果你的老闆問你一些諸如“你今天下午能完成嗎?”之類的問題,你可以給他一個和“不能確定”意思相同的答覆。

Synonyms for UNSURE“不能確定的”的`同義詞:

1) 50/50: "Can you be done by tonight?"

"There is a 50/50 chance."

50%的機會:“你今晚能完成嗎?”

“有50%的可能。”

2) It could happen: "Will Bobby get here for the meeting in time?""If he tries hard, it could happen."有可能:“鮑勃能及時趕來參加會議嗎?”“如果他盡力而為的話,有可能。”

3) I am not sure: "Can you do some information trading this Friday evening?""At this time I am not sure."我不能確定:“你能在這個星期五晚上做一些資訊交易嗎?”“現在很難說。”

4) Maybe yes, maybe no: "Will you stamp my visa into your lovely country?""Maybe yes, maybe no!"可能會,也可能不會:“您能為我去貴國簽證嗎?”“可能會,也可能不會。”

5) "Will our company's stocks increase in value?""Maybe, time will tell."“我們公司的股票會升值嗎”“有可能,時間會證明的。”

Ⅳ.對話篇

Gordon: Miss Molly, will you be done with the stock report by this afternoon?

戈登:莫莉小姐,今天下午以前你能完成這份股票報告嗎?

Molly : Sorry to say I am unsure, time will tell.

莫莉:很遺憾我還不能確定,看時間吧。

Gordon: Well, do your best. I am off to lunch now.

戈登:好吧,你盡力而為吧。現在我要去吃午飯了。

Molly : Sir, can you pick me up a sandwich before the cafe closes at two o-clock?

莫莉:先生,您能在咖啡店兩點關門之前幫我買一個三明治嗎?

Gordon: There is a 50/50 chance. I won't make it before then, but I will try.

戈登:有五成的可能晚點兒,不過我會盡力。

Molly : Well, do you best.

莫莉:好吧,請儘量幫忙。

Gordon: Oh, did the boss say he would give you a raise?

戈登:噢,老闆說過要給你加薪了嗎?

Molly : He said maybe yes, and maybe no.

莫莉:他說有可能會,也有可能不會。

Gordon: What does that mean?

戈登:那是什麼意思?

Molly : It means if I work hard this month, it could happen.

莫莉:意思是說,如果我這個月工作努力,就很有可能加薪。

Gordon: Good luck.

戈登:祝你好運。

Molly : Thanks.

莫莉:謝謝。