個人都有自己喜歡的東西,那麼你的是什麼呢?今天我們就來看看——PREFERENCE 偏愛
慣用表達
◎Which would you prefer?
你更喜歡哪一個?
◎ Which do you like better?
你更喜歡哪一個?
◎ This one’s better for me.
這個對我來說更好,流行功能口語-PREFERENCE。
◎ Which is more interesting to you?
哪一個對你來說更有趣?
◎ Which is better, as far as you’re concerned?
對你來說哪一個更好?
◎ I should take the green one for choice.
要選的話,我就選綠色的。
◎ Which attracts you more, ruby or emerald?
紅寶石和綠寶石,您更喜歡哪一個?
◎ Do you prefer the red one or the blue one?
你喜歡紅色的還是藍色的?
◎ Give me oyster every time.
我只喜歡牡蠣。
◎ Do you like dumplings more?
你更喜歡餃子嗎?
◎ The best one is the lobster.
最好的就是龍蝦。
◎ I like banana more than lemon.
我喜歡香蕉甚於喜歡檸檬。
◎ I’d prefer to have a drink, if possible.
如果可能的話,我想喝杯飲料。
◎ Which is your preference, tea or coffee?
你喜歡茶還是咖啡?
◎ Travelling might be my hobby.
我的愛好大概是旅遊。
◎ What are you doing other than work?
除了工作之外你幹些什麼?
◎ For me, cycling is both a sport and hobby.
對我來說,騎自行車既是運動又是愛好。
◎ Stamp collecting is a hobby for many people.
集郵是很多人的愛好。
◎ Which attracts you more, football or volleyball?
哪個更吸引你,足球還是排球?
◎ I enjoy watching TV more than any other pastimes.
我喜歡看電視超過了別的消遣方式。
◎ I must say I have strong preference for classical music.
我得說我對古典音樂有強烈的偏愛。
◎ I must say racing bike generally attracts me more.
我得說跑車一般更吸引我。
◎ On the whole, I find riding a bike more enjoyable than riding a motorcycle.
總的來說,我覺得騎自行車比騎摩托車更愉快。
◎ I’d go for dress designing.
我喜歡服裝設計。
◎ He pursues calculating as a hobby.
他將計算視為一種業餘愛好。
◎ Dress designing appeals to me more.
服裝設計對我更有吸引力。
◎ I’d rather be a tour guide any time.
我什麼時候都願意做導遊。
◎ I would usually choose designing in preference to engineering.
我通常願意挑選設計做我的職業,其次才是工程,英語方法《流行功能口語-PREFERENCE》。
◎ I prefer a stony beach to a sandy one.
我更喜歡多石的海灘,而不是沙質海灘。
會話例項
Which appeals more, high school teacher or tour guide?哪一個對你更有吸引力,中學教師還是導遊?
A: Which appeals more, high school teacher or tour guide?
B: In general, Tour guide attracts me more.
A: Why?
B: One may receive a colorful life from this job.
A: But children can also make your life colorful.
B: That’s true. But as a tour guide, one may get the chance to visit various beautiful places.
甲:哪一個對你更有吸引力,中學教師還是導遊?
乙:總的說,導遊更吸引我。
甲:為什麼?
乙:做這個工作一個人可以有多彩的生活。
甲:但孩子也可以為你的生活添彩。
乙:確實如此。但當導遊你有很多遊覽美麗地方的機會。
Generally speaking, I prefer the taller one.總的說,我更喜歡高個兒的那位。
A: Both of the young ladies are candidates for the position.
B: But we need only one.
A: How do the two girls compare in your view?
B: Generally speaking, I prefer the taller one.
A: Why? Both of them graduated from famous universities.
B: But the taller one has some working experience.
甲:兩位女士都是這個職位的候選人。
乙:但我們只需要一位。
甲:在你看來,這兩個女孩相比怎麼樣?
乙:總的說,我更喜歡高個兒的那位。
甲:為什麼呢?她們可都是名牌大學畢業的。
乙:但那位高個兒的有些工作經驗。
I didn’t know I liked the computer until...直到……,我才知道我喜歡計算機。
A: I didn’t know I liked the computer until some day a few days ago I bought one.
B: Facing the computer, sometimes we are very helpless because we don’t know how to control it.
A: And it is the so-called “helplessness” that makes us to go on with our study on the computer.
B: Yes. The helplessness usually could awaken the sense of conquest in one’s heart.
A: I’ve decided to study it earnestly.
B: I hope you’ll be a computer expert.
甲:直到幾天前的'一天我買了計算機我才知道我喜歡計算機。
乙:面對計算機,有時我們很無助,因為我們不知道怎麼控制它。
甲:也正是所謂的“無助”使得我們想繼續研究計算機。
乙:是的。無助通常能喚醒我們內心的征服感。
甲:我已決定認真學它了。
乙:希望你能成為一個計算機專家。
I prefer the white one.我更喜歡白色的。
A: Like this pair of shoes?
B: Yes, it’s nice.
A: Do you prefer the brown one or the white one?
B: I prefer the white one.
A: Yes. The white one is the better choice in summer, right?
B: Sounds good.
甲:喜歡這雙鞋嗎?
乙:是的,它很好看。
甲:你喜歡棕色的還是白色的?
乙:我更喜歡白色的。
甲:對。夏天裡白色是較好的選擇,對吧?
乙:不錯。