cats and dogs:傾盆大雨
Are you sure you want to go out now? It's raining cats and dogs outside.
你確定要出門嗎?現在外面可是傾盆大雨。
替換短語:torrential rain:傾盆大雨
Are you sure you want to go out now? It's having a torrential rain outside.
你確定要出門嗎?現在外面可是傾盆大雨。
off:因下雨延期
The outdoor opening ceremony was rained off last week, and will be held on the following Sunday.
上週的戶外開幕式因下雨延期了,將改在下週周天舉行。
替換短語:be rained out:因下雨延期
The outdoor opening ceremony was rained out last week, and will be held on the following Sunday.
上週的戶外開幕式因下雨延期了,將改在下週周天舉行。
among:屬於……之間
I think she should be ranked among the best singers of the time.
我覺得她是當代最棒的歌手之一。
混淆短語:rank above:高於
I think she should be ranked above all the other singers of the time.
我覺得她是當代最棒的歌手。
t against:反抗
He reacted against his father's order by running away from home.
他用離家出走的方式反方他父親的.命令。
ize one's dream:實現夢想
She realized her dream of becoming a famous movie starin he youth.
她在很年輕的時候就實現了成為電影明星的夢想。
ive from:收到……來信
I haven't received from John since he moved to London.
自從約翰搬去倫敦後,我還沒收過他的信。
替換短語:hear from:收到……來信
I haven't heard from John since he moved to London.
自從約翰搬去倫敦後,我還沒收過他的信。
nize as:認為是……,承認
The woman reconized the man with a scar on his face as the robber.
女人認出那個臉上有傷疤的男人是搶匪。
rd A as B:把A視為B
He regarded Peter as his brother since kindergarten.
從幼兒園起,他就一直將彼得視為自己的兄弟。
混淆短語:with regard to:關於
The reporter asked the singer a question with regard to her personal life.
記者問了歌手一個關於她私生活的問題。