當前位置:才華齋>英語>英語單詞>

英語熱詞:雙十一光棍節

英語單詞 閱讀(7.91K)

在過去的外媒報道中,我們驚訝地發現,為了能更加形象、奪人眼球地描述中國特有的現象,外媒的記者們在報道中摻雜“中式英語”,甚至在報道一些中國新聞時,創造了中國專屬的英文詞彙

英語熱詞:雙十一光棍節

比如,即將到來的單身狗節,外媒在報道這個中國人獨有的節日時,特意創造了個新的說法:Chinese singles day.

Singles Day in China is the celebration -- or mourning -- of being unattached. Started by students in Nanjing in the mid-1990s, the date was selected in observation of its four solitary digits: 11/11.

中國“光棍節”,一個慶祝(或哀嚎)沒人相伴的節日。光棍節起源於90年代中期,由南京的幾位大學生創立,節日定在每年的11月11日,因為這四個光禿禿的數字,看上去像極了“光棍”。

While relatively obscure in most other countries, Singles Day is likely to increase in prominence as more single men in China are unable to find female partners. According to a recent study by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, more than 24 million Chinese men could find themselves without spouses by 2020.

雖然光棍節在其他國家的文化中看來有些難以理解,但在中國,光棍節的影響力越來越大,在中國有越來越多的單身男性找不到女朋友。據中國社會科學院最近的一項調查顯示,到2020年全中國將有2400萬男性找不到配偶。

Celebrating Singles Day comes in many forms across the Asian nation, and like Christmas and Valentine's Day, it has become a multi-million dollar industry.

中國各地均有不同形式來慶祝光棍節的儀式。就和聖誕節、情人節一樣,光棍節已經成了一門能創造幾百萬收益的.產業。

 拓展閱讀:虐哭單身狗的經典語句

1. How are you still single? You're so great.

你怎麼還單著?你這麼優秀。

2. It'll happen when you least expect it.

愛情將會發生在你最不經意的時候。

3. Don't you ever get lonely?

你從沒有感到過孤單嗎?

4. Aren't you worried you won't be able to have kids?

你沒擔心過你可能不會有孩子嗎?

5. Are you seeing anyone?

你現在有交往的物件嗎?

6. You should try online dating. My friend met their husband/wife that way.

你該試試網戀。我有一個朋友就是那麼遇到自己的丈夫/妻子的。

7. They don't deserve you.

他們配不上你。

8. You are such a catch.

你條件這麼好!

9. Don't worry, you'll find someone someday.

不要擔心,你總有一天會找到對的那個人的。

10. He's just not ready for a serious commitment yet.

他只是還沒準備好對你做出認真承諾而已。

11. One day when you're married, you'll wish you were single.

等有一天結婚了,你會希望你還是單身的。

12. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

天涯何處無芳草。

13. You're just too picky.

你只是太挑剔了!

14. Just don't turn into some crazy cat lady.

千萬不要變成一個愛貓狂啊,大姐。

15. She probably just lost your number.

她可能只是把你的號碼弄丟了。

16. At a wedding: "You better get out there, they're doing the bouquet toss."

在婚禮上:“你最好離開這兒,他們要拋捧花了。”

17. You're just too busy right now.

你現在只是太忙了。

18. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

你必須首先愛自己,再去愛別人。

19. In reference to your best friend: "Have you guys ever thought of dating?"

“你們沒想過在一起約會嗎?”(指你與你的好朋友)

20. I can't wait to meet your future spouse, they are going to be amazing.

我等不及想見你未來的另一半了,他們一定很不錯。

21. We'll all be laughing about this someday.

以後我們想到這個都會笑死的。

22. You should let me set you up, I know the perfect person for you.

你應該讓我幫你撮合,我知道哪樣的人最適合你。

23. Don't give up, it'll happen.

不要放棄,愛情總會出現的。

24. "You don't need anyone." DAMN RIGHT!

“你不需要任何人!” 這話太對了!